Website instructions and tips intended for medical and recreational growing of marijuana only where it is legal. All garden tours are filmed in legally operating facilities by legally qualified growers abiding by strict local conditions and laws. We do not endorse illegal activity.
This policy applies to Twitter’s conversion tracking and custom audience products.
For more information about Twitter’s paid advertising products, click here.
For information about Twitter’s other policies, click here.
Why does Twitter have a policy for these products?
Twitter has additional rules for advertisers using Twitter’s conversion tracking and custom audiences products.
These rules seek to ensure that people are informed when the websites, applications, or services that they use incorporate these products. These rules are also meant to help prevent the collection and use of potentially sensitive user information, and to help prevent ads from being targeted to users based on potentially sensitive information.
What are the policies for these products?
- Advertisers using these products in their mobile applications must provide their application users with legally sufficient notice that they are working with third parties to collect user data through their application for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests, and obtain legally sufficient consent from their users for these activities. These advertisers must also provide their users with legally sufficient instructions regarding how to opt out of Twitter’s interest-based advertising.
- Advertisers using these products for their websites must provide their website users with legally sufficient notice that they are working with third parties to collect user data through their website for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests, including the storing and accessing of cookies, and obtain legally sufficient consent from their users for these activities. These advertisers must also provide their users with legally sufficient instructions regarding how to opt out of Twitter’s interest-based advertising, including through an applicable opt-out mechanism specified by Twitter.
Twitter prohibits the creation of custom audiences or conversion events based on any sensitive information, including:
- Alleged or actual commission of a crime
- Genetic and/or biometric data
- Negative financial status or condition
- Political affiliation or beliefs
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs
- Sex life
- Trade union membership
- Advertisers may not create advertisements which assert or imply knowledge of personally identifiable or sensitive information, even when the ad has been created and targeted without using such information.
- Advertisers may not use these products in any website, application, or service directed to children under 13, or in any website, application, or service that collects or stores age information from individuals under the age of 13.
- Advertisers may not use these products in any case where the product, message, or service that the advertiser offers is otherwise prohibited by Twitter Ads Policies.
How does this policy vary from country to country?
Advertisers in the U.S. are permitted to create custom audiences and conversion events based on trade union membership, provided that the associated data comes solely from and relates solely to U.S. users.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Be honest with both the content of your ads and how you target them. Do not select targeting criteria that could reveal sensitive information about users. Do not subject users to advertising that is not relevant to your brand or product.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
Policies for keyword targeting
Your privacy controls for personalized ads
Have questions or feedback?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please file a support ticket here.
Learn more about blocking or dismissing ads by reading this article on “Reporting Twitter Ads”. To report an ad that is potentially violating these policies, use the Report an Ad form.
Using Twitter Ads Policy, the Twitter Rules, and our Terms of Service, we will examine reported violations and take appropriate action.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.